Saturday, April 08, 2006

Owie Zowie

this one was written upon waking up with a toothache on a Saturday morning and not having a very clear idea of what to do next - it doesn't hurt so much now, which is inexplicable. I was going to delete this one, but here it is anyway.

"Get thee to a dentist chair!"
the weekend is begun
a painful tooth begins to flare
this is not fun, I do declare

what have I done
to earn the right
to twist and turn
in bed at night

but surely this
is not amiss
or so I think
after her kiss

meanwhile
I will sit and write
and on that tooth
try not to bite

7 comments:

steve said...

aurora - surprising how much it hurt and then didn't hurt, and doesn't, but will again, no doubt...

Got me writing, anyway. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Today I'm reading 'Telling the Truth' by Frederick Buechner, he uses a stream-of-conciousness type of style that fits some of how I think. He also makes a good case for the use of poetry to communicate truths in ways that other styles of speaking/writing simply cannot.

steve said...

thanks, I see Mois is on Magnapoets - will look into his work.

Anonymous said...

found his 'So You Want to be a Poet' which has me smiling:)

DebbieB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DebbieB said...

Oh Steve, you may need to visit my site: Toothache Central
Hope it gets better.
DebbieB

Anonymous said...

debbie b - thanks for stopping by - I've never had a root canal, so it's interesting to hear your perspective on it! Like your website.

Pat Paulk said...

Had several of those in my life. Put you into a writing frenzy!! A good one at that!