Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Le Soir

And another Noisy Withdrawal rehearsal is complete. We rent a practice room in what used to be a manufacturing building, shared with another group and it works out pretty well. There are nine of us and it's difficult to get everyone there at the same time, but it works out and sometimes it actually sounds ok.

Not a lot else to report this evening. Everyone is home ok and bouncing around, I've escaped to the downstairs 'office' for a few minutes. A bit brain dead after being 'on' all day. Work will do that. Listening to Jim Collins' 'Good to Great' in support of some leadership training that's going on. Kind of interesting, the leaders who take companies that extra step usually are quiet and have long term goals and focus (vs the strong ego type who may make a big impact but when they leave, things don't run so well). Lincoln cited as an example...

Lots of time at the keyboard, all day it seems. Important to take breaks, shift gears, go for a walk, talk with somebody. Did some of that today, looking back. Since my job has changed there are people that I used to supervise that still come by to chat, I like that. I guess some of them maybe read this...so I'll limit any other comments, keeping the distinction of slog2live and actually slogging to live somewhat separate.

Hello out there, art person who writes the poetry! I miss your writings...hope all is well. Life must have you somewhere else for now.

Natalie's spring semester will be starting soon, into the calculus with the same guy I had those many years ago and also continuing with the organic chemistry, again with a prof that I had - one of my favorite - there were several. What are the chances? She's getting to do a little research with goldfish, getting thermodynamic equations out of their behavior swimming from one side of the tank to the other, with a divider that has a hole for them to swim through. I don't know the details, but I think the fish are treated well. Some kind of optical measurement of when the fish swim through the hole. Brings back some memories of working with Ole.

Right, well it's chilly down here and I need to get some rest. More tomorrow, Take care.

No comments: