Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Stan





This photo of me and my uncle Stan dates from 1972.




My dad is the photographer and he printed this in his own darkroom. Sometimes I was there in the darkroom too, watching in the dim yellow safelight and helping to rock the prints in the trays of developer, stop bath, and fixer. I liked those times. This was before dad launched into photography as a second career for him. Gutsy move, I have to say, with five young kids (me the oldest in about 9th grade). We must have been in the back yard of the house out in the country, before we moved into town the next year to get a better business location.

Stan was a wonderful, gentle man with a love for golf, I still have a pitching wedge that he gave me. Good memories of him. Excuse the open shirt here, there isn't much to see. And I don't smoke.

No comments: