Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Scientific Image


James Schnepf is a highly creative photographer who handles jobs for business publications (among a variety of other assignments). One day several years ago he had me posed in front of a drying rack, with eyes alternately opened or closed. This image features on the cover of a portfolio book that he uses, model release signed, etc. Thought I'd give him some extra publicity here. Coincidentally I was wearing a black shirt that day - although it was clearly Jim's creative eye that recognized how this would all look. I was indeed thinking scientific thoughts here, like how to keep my hands steady during the twenty minutes or so of these shots being taken. I've had practice, though, growing up in a family that had a photography business. It was fun, and I'd do it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't it surpise me that you take time from your already hectic life to try something new if for no other reason than to express your thoughts, not just thinking them for yourself to ponder. I will check in now that I know you blog. Greg T