Monday, January 23, 2006

Getting a Life

I usually don't see movies until they've been out for months (or longer). I'm beginning to suspect that this because I'm spending too much time just slogging through each day. It may be also because I'm kind of cheap and don't like buying the ticket. Eventually, the movies come to our house as a DVD or some other format, and I watch it along with the kids. But even that happens infrequently.

Music gets attention - rehearsal Wednesdays (the young to middle-aged lawyers + me), Thursdays (the warm-up for Sunday morning), Saturday (fiddle lesson), and Sunday (twice). That's a fair amount for someone who could use a bit more exercise. Which I am doing, mom.

Tonight it's Peter's piano time, we go in a few minutes.

Gradually getting the organization together. Man, do I need it. Someday, maybe I'll be able to go and see a few movies.

=====

8:09 PM
Ordered "If the Cap Fits" by Kevin Burke, famous Irish fiddle player. An older recording, from late 70's. He used to play with the Bothy Band and could also just play solo and keep a pub entertained all evening.

Practicing this evening, Etudes and some Irish tunes out of 'The Irish Fiddle Book" by Matt Cranitch. It is sometimes good for the insides to play these tunes, and certainly a good mental workout on memorizing the tunes. My goal is to memorize one tune per day without having the older ones fall out of the cart. The hornpipes are coming up soon, followed by the reels. I think there's a recital sometime in March...

No comments: