Sunday, January 22, 2006

Say What You Mean

What a preoccupying thing it can become to have a blog - I find myself thinking about it a lot. And spending time at the keyboard, thinking, editing - "read, write, edit, delete" privileges all on. A chance to create, to be wise, to be a fool, to encourage, to disappoint, to wonder.

Peter wants to go to the Y again. He's on the keyboard (weighted keys, 88 of them) right now. "We have to wait an hour after we eat to swim!" he says. "So, can we go to the Y today?" I suppose we can. I'll miss it like crazy later when he grows beyond this time. Yesterday I showed him how racquetball is supposed to be played, hitting the ball against the far wall and having it come back across the line, then take turns trying to keep it from hitting the floor more than once [twice - you can tell I don't really know]. He liked that, and wants to learn how to do it better. In a year I may not be able to beat him...

The organizing thing continues - most things are filtered out to their proper 'buckets', and it's time to take stock of PROJECTS. Make a list of them. There are more than can be done, for sure. Decide which ones to spend time with. Re-evaluate often. Things change, opportunities come up, interests shift. Have a system in place to help deal with the distracting thoughts - "Oh, I need to remember to take care of that." "How am I going to get all of this done?" "I really need to prepare for that." - and so on.

I'm really taken by some of the blogs out there. I find myself caring about people that I probably will never meet as they put heart into cyberspace.

Probably time to get to the Y. Back to organizing and work prep later...it's beautifully sunny out.

=====

5:43 PM
17 out of 100 at the freethrow line. I guess that's pathetic, but I'm taking the approach that repetition will lead to improvement. Also, just relaxing and letting the neurons figure it out. I did get a few in a row.

=====

9:42 PM
Office time to make 'just the right slides' for the Monday meeting, shuttle kids, small dish of ice cream, and this note. Hi. How are you doing? Yes, you. What was today like?

No comments: