Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Giving

Yesterday I donated blood. What an impressive list of questions they ask! There are many 'knockout' categories. Some of it reminded me of the Monty Python bridge scene where the question is either answered correctly or one gets thrown into the gorge. Somehow I passed and proceeded to fill my unit in five minutes flat. I don't know why it becomes a race against time, although I've heard that if it goes too slowly there can be problems. I dutifully wore my red and white 'be kind to me' sticker and headed back to work.

Today I have a technical presentation to do. Still organizing some thoughts, it's sometimes difficult to know where to focus because the audience is pretty bright and well-informed.

Yesterday in French we translated the poem Nous verrons, not all the way into poetry in English, but just to get the sense of it. It feels good to be studying this again.

Peter still longing for iPod or PS2 or SOMETHING - powerful thing for a young guy to want to be at least 'as good as' the other guys at school.

Time to relinquish the computer for Cara to finish some homework.

=====

Home again. Thankful. What a crazy planet. And we have a special visitor coming in the next couple of days. Perhaps we can get weaned from oil, perhaps...

No comments: