Friday, January 06, 2006

Listen

"Everybody's talkin' at me, I don't hear a word they're sayin' - only the echoes of my mind" - Fred Neil

Listening this morning to songs from the Johnny Cash biographical movie 'Walk the Line.' Very familiar tunes, although I think this is the first time I've listened carefully to the words. A little story in each song.

Some songwriters say that they're surprised at which songs catch on.

I read a good portion of Pete Seeger's biography a couple of years ago. After a career of doing protest songs and 'folk music with a message' he had literally stacks of material for songs, too much to practically sort through. I guess that goes with the territory.

Now onto Keb' Mo' http://www.kebmo.com/
Wonderful modern versions of some familiar folk tunes. I'm just discovering him thanks to a co-worker loaning me a cd - "Just Like You".

I'm liking this.

Early morning today, Cara off to her study group soon. Been a good week, if more full than usual at work. Couple of early morning meetings of a review/planning type. But it's good.

Rose to work on guitar this weekend, get her mind off the braces.

Peter's piano playing is sounding pretty decent for how long he's had lessons. I'm impressed.

Natalie through 1st week of January term class on statistics. Compressed class chedule but it seems to be working out fine.

I got throught the tutorial on the 'R' computing language, have a little better understanding of how it works. Looks like a good tool if Minitab isn't handy, at least for my limited use of statistics.

Cynthia up, bacon cookin' in the background, Keb' Mo' grooving on the cd player 'change in the weather...I'm on your side' Good start to the morning.

No comments: