Friday, January 20, 2006

A Little Flight Music

Mozart's 250th birthday is coming up. A letter to Constanze is on display at Landmark Center (along with letters by 9 other composers of note), I should go and have a look. Some biographers indicate that while he was working on his Requiem, he was very ill, died, and Constanze had it finished by another composer. It must have been very hard. I wonder how often that kind of thing happens.

I spent a good half an hour trying to figure out flights this afternoon. The airline's website provided a variety of options that didn't seem to stay put - specials appeared and disappeared, the redeye options came and went, and in the end I decided to set my sights on Monday and got myself some rest...or something like that.

Actually, I came home, ate cold leftover pizza, took Rose to a movie with her friend, and eventually got the violin out to work on this week's material. "Use the whole length of the bow, Steve. All the way from the Frog to the Point. Nice, even motion, use the fingers on the right hand like shock absorbers on the turnarounds. That's it - sounds better. Practice, practice, practice, it's the only way. Watch the intonation." He's a good teacher.

Two posts in a day. Probably not allowed, they'll start charging rent.

"Ah, look at all the lonely people!"

Yes, a lot of them.

No comments: